FM must be like fine wine…he keeps getting better and better. The Ottawa Marathon on Sunday was his best marathon time yet. He was thrilled with his time of 3:58:06.
Unfortunately, FG and I didn’t get a chance to see him along the route ~ he was long gone by the time we got to the 38 KM mark. We timed it according to his past marathons and he was a good 20 minutes ahead of schedule.
FM’s observations of the Ottawa Marathon:
* Well Organized
* Ran through two Provinces ~ Ontario and Quebec
* No food along the route (bummer)
* Had the most hills of the marathons he’s run
* Liked the idea of putting the first name of the runner on the bib ~ it allowed spectators to yell out “GO, FM ~ You’re doing great!”
* Found the other runners a little more willing to chit chat (with french accents of course)
And he’s already talking about a fall marathon. Where to next?